Color Changer [Inactive]
This is no longer being supported, if you would like to pick up the project, feel free to download my source code
Ok so I’ve been working on making the color changer a bit better recently as some of you may know, and I finally have a version I’m willing to release. This version of the color changer is very similar to the old one except that it has a GUI. Another difference is that i added the option to set the status bar background transparent (this requires a transparent png, but this will do the coding aspect). If you are going to open it via command line then i encourage you to continue to use the -Xmx512m flag still although it is not required, and will not keep you from opening the program like it used to. The code to open this via command line is (without the Xmx flag):
java -jar colorchange.jar
However on windows you should be able to just double click the jar.
I have also added a log file where all of the output that used to go to the consul now goes. The name of that text file (though it should be obvious when you see it) is ColorChangeLog.txt and I made it so that if something does go wrong that you are notified in the log text box to check the log file. In the future I may implement that if there is an error it will dump the log into the box, however that’s more of a small matter than the future plans.
- This is designed to be run on an update zip, if it is not run on that, it will very likely error
- The bigger the zip, the more likely it will crash. If you are going to modify a 50mb zip, it will likely crash if you do not open it via command line using the -Xmx512m (or something larger) flag.
- If you get an error and want to get some help with it please make sure to copy the ColorChangerLog.txt into pastebin or into your message so I have something to help me debug what was going on when the error came up.
- Intercept Froyo and Eclair (DL05, DF27, DI07, EC07)
- Moment Eclair
- Transform Eclair and Froyo
- Acclaim Froyo
- Plus the ability to add custom phone configuration opens the door for more possible phones.
- V2.77 This is a minor bug fix which only affects the Transform Froyo, i made a mistake in their config which would cause it to error while recompiling the keyguard edits, causing the color changer to close. Thanks for reporting it darkjuggalo2000
- V2.76 This is a minor bug fix which only affects the acclaim configuration. If you are theming the acclaim and are going to change the lock screen text color, then update.
- V2.75 This is a major update, it includes the option to change all the colors on the keyguard which took a-lot of work to figure out, and is also included in the go full option (if the file necessary is included). If you want to change the text color of the keyguard you must include the android.policy.jar in your update zip (which is probably normal for most of you). It has been tested and is known to work fine with the intercept froyo and should work fine with the rest of the phones supported by the color changer. However I don’t have testers for the other phones so if you use it and it doesn’t work please let me know. Unfortunately for this update i had to drop the epic eclair due to compatibility issues. I have also updated the export and import options to include these, updated the help with these options, and updated the custom phone creation gui to make a phone compatible, however I will have to do a writeup on that because it is quite confusing the way that the new keyguard options work. Also made some minor UI tweaks which should make it look better depending on what OS you are running. There are probably some backend tweaks i made that I forgot to mention.
- V2.456 Minor bug fix, i realized i forgot to make it so that the transform froyo gets unchecked when another phone is selected.
- V2.455 Fixed a bug with the progress bar causing a StringOutOfBoundsException caused by my cat typing. Made it so that the go full option will work with the DownloadProvider.apk, and added the transform froyo because of persistent nagging from -JT- (though i don’t have results on if it works yet, but it should, it has the same code as the others).
- V2.45 Added the ability to modify the DownloadProvider.apk’s color, this color code is the text that shows up when you are downloading a file (like an app from the market). all you have to do is include DownloadProvider.apk in your system/app folder of your theme. This will not be included in the go full option (at least not right now) as that would cause go full to fail when you don’t have that app included. There have also been some slight backend tweaks which may cause a slight performance improvement, but have dropped the jar from ~2.4mb to 1.9mb
- 2.4.1 Minor bug fix in the phone config generator that caused my mistake with the transform froyo config, if you plan on using this, it’s best you update of check your config file for errors.
- V2.4: New Features: You can now export and import your color configurations, this will allow you to update your themes easier as you can just keep a text file generated by the program as a configuration and just import it, and apply. I have also added a gradient generator for the progress bar, located under the tools menu. I believe i got all the kinks worked out of it. It takes in the top and bottom color in RBG and does the math to generate a gradient. I believe all my math is correct, and that you won’t get any odd outputs, but if you do feel free to post them so i can look into it (i tested it with 5 different random gradients, all of them gave me the expected output).
- V2.3: New Feature: added a color chooser under the heading tools, when you change colors it will automatically be copied to your clipboard, including the leading ff for the alpha channel, all you have to do is paste it where you want it. I plan on making a similar feature for gradients, to make it easier to adjust the progress bar from within the color changer.
- V2.25: New feature: added the ability to change the color of the text within the notifications, check it out, i also included help for the new addition. One more thing done, so many more possibilities to go.
- V2.2: Major bug fix: I fixed the bug that causes the services folder to not get deleted in windows (this only affected windows and is an internal problem with java). There is a check box for that as it does cause a slight performance decrease (though generally negligible), but I didn’t want to make it so linux/osx users had to deal with the fix. There have also been some slight modifications to the UI in preparation for the next update. Next update: color change to the primary and secondary text of the ongoing notifications, and possibly the thread that i need to figure out for the log box (though I’m thinking I’m gonna throw that idea out because of all the problems it appears it will cause).
- V2.175: Some back end edits which cuts down the size of it by .1mb, but also makes it easier for me to make edits. This also may fix one bug with a wrong line for the acclaim that I noticed. This is not a very important update, but figure’s I’d post it anyways
- V2.17: Added help into the program, it’s not perfect, but it’s good for reference.
- V2.16: Made a major bug fix, essentially it was useless in V2.15 but i didn’t notice it because of the way I tested it. Sorry about that. I also changed the name of the “Change Phone” menu to “Select Phone”
- V2.15: New Feature: You can now change the color of the progress bar, this will require 6 colors (the 6 colors of the gradient). If you would like to adjust the background that is by hand for now.
Bug Fix: Fixed the error (more of an over-site) that I did not include the date line for the custom phones.
- V2.1: New Feature: Custom Phone Configs will allow you to define a phone by viewing the smali, then it will attempt to use the config you load to edit your theme, i say attempt because if there is something different in the structure of the smali of your phone then it will possibly fail. Here is an example of the config file that could be used for the intercept froyo. I also cleaned up the user interface a bit, lining up the ends of stuff, you’ll see.
- V2: The initial release of the color changer with a GUI, it has the various phones it’s been ported to included
If you have any questions about how it works please start by looking here, http://forum.sdx-developers.com/intercept-themes-2-2/color-changer-guidefaq/
Credits: This would not have been possible without bpedman or one_love_420 and their hard work.
Screen Shot (in Ubuntu):